Gingerman Goes Nuts!
What would a cookie be without a secret ingredient? Have you tried your gingerbread man cookies with Hazelnuts yet? If not,here is the recipe for a delicious one! Trust us, it works.
- 125 gr room temperature butter
- Half water glass brown sugar
- Half water glass grape / apple molasses (for the dark brown colour 😉)
- 1 full water glass of diced hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 4 water glasses of flour
- 1 dessertspoonfull of baking soda
- 1 dessertspoonfull of cinnamon
- 1 dessertspoonfull of ginger
How to prepare
1. Mix butter,Brown sugar and molasses in a deep wide bowl,after its creamy,add the egg and mix them well with the hand mixer.
2. After the mixing add the Hazelnuts,cinnamon,ginger,baking soda and flour and stir until it turns smooth.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
4. Roll the dough and use gingerbread man cutter to cut out shapes.
5. After you done with the shaping Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough.Would be good to use a baking paper for a clean result 😊.
6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven. Transfer to a rack to cool.
7. AND START DECORATING , ITS ALL UPTO YOUR ARTISTIC SKILLS AND IMAGINATION ! 😊